Working At Agoro Carbon
CAREERS WITH AGORO CARBON
Join Our Team
We at Agoro Carbon are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges: resource scarcity, food insecurity, and climate change.
Agoro Carbon Alliance is creating a new solution to our planet’s carbon challenge that’s grounded in soil. We work to address the impact of agriculture’s global greenhouse gas emissions on our climate through the implementation of sustainable carbon-capturing potential in agriculture, while providing a new income stream to farmers and ranchers worldwide.
Our passion lies in developing a global carbon alliance built around a portfolio of carbon-smart practices that help producers reduce environmental footprint. As one of the market’s early movers, we are using our carbon knowledge, global presence, digital and data capabilities, and strong relationships with the food value chain to pioneer an industry-shaping business.
We owe everything to our remarkable employees. What we offer them:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Generous PTO (Vacation & Sick)
- Floating Holidays
- 9 Company Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Allowance
- Home Office Set Up Reimbursement
- Coworking Space Options
Want to join us?
We’re always looking for driven people who share our values to join our diverse and growing team. If you want to be part of building a positive farm and ranch future that is grounded in the soil, check out our open positions.
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities for the Rangeland Ecologist
- Be well informed of the soil carbon sequestering potential of agricultural practices for range and pasture lands.
- As a member of the science team, you will help answer questions or suggest best management practices to our sales team for producer implementation.
- Assist the range and pasture SOC expert in monitoring range and pasture research.
- Support the science team in range and pasture evaluations on producer acres and ability to suggest best practices to sample or monitor.
- Assist in developing relationships with the agronomists and carbon specialists within the local teams, supporting with farm management advisory.
- Maintaining a pulse on current affairs and innovation happening in the sustainable agriculture and sequestration space.
- Provides basic input to interdisciplinary reports, environmental assessments, and protective stipulations for rangeland and grass-like ecosystems; participates in monitoring and surveying activities that may impact sensitive shrub and pasturelands.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors required or Masters preferred in soil science, rangeland/ecosystem ecology or related fields with experience in grassland management related to animal grazing, weed science, hydrology, environmental sciences, or environmental engineering.
- An excellent understanding of range and pasture plant species, that include but are not limited to: warm and cool season grasses, forbes, legumes, bushes and shrubs. You’ve got a proven familiarity with the global grasslands and knowledge of the carbon cycle and a solid understanding of carbon cycling in agricultural perennial and livestock systems.
An understanding of animal forage needs, grazing patterns and how to match forage supply to the animal needs throughout their life cycle.
- You have a strong passion about translating science into recommendations for a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with various geospatial tools including GIS, statistics and computer use.
- Growth oriented mindset with extensive market, crop, ranch and product knowledge.
- Hungry to make a difference in enabling sustainability in ranching and farming.
- A keen networker, with an already established position within the agricultural carbon community is a plus.
- Ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines with ease and creativity.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Location: Billings, MT
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Work closely with producers after they sign a contract to collect all of their documentation and successfully Onboard them as a new customer for Agoro Carbon Alliance.
- Collect and organize assigned producers historical data per the requirements for the program in which they enroll
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and producers to ensure soil sampling and baseline activities get accomplished in a timely manner.
- Follow up and support producers that are assigned to you throughout the life of the contract.
- Help regional team assess new business opportunities from each assigned practice (i.e., dairy, range pasture, row crop, cash crop, nitrogen management)
- Develop new farming practices roadmaps following existing methodologies
- Use your knowledge of carbon smart farming practices to train and support agronomy team, channel partners, crop advisors and farmers on successfully implementing new farming practices while avoiding pitfalls associated with the practice change.
- Liaise with the Carbon Science, Analytics Team, and Grower Success team to support local data collection
- A proud agriculture ambassador with a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related field. Advanced knowledge with a Master’s or PhD degree is certainly an advantage. CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) designation confirms your knowledge advantage.
- Experience in similar roles and industries including familiarity with change management and local crop production practices.
- A passion for sustainability and conservation/regenerative practices that is infectious and drives confidence in farmers to follow your lead.
- Market knowledge, with good network of growers and distributors who share your passion for continuous improvement.
- Experience presenting to small or large audiences in a fun and engaging way.
- A track record of exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills that inspires confidence and trust
- A mix of entrepreneurial spirit and agronomic acumen is an ideal combination
- You have kept up with the digital age and are proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint. You also have created a digital presence on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Great if you have familiarity with digital farm management systems, planning and optimization tools (like like Adapt-N).
- An ability to wow audiences with good communication & writing skills
- History of building stakeholder relationships
- You need to have great interpersonal skills to work effectively with your team
- Ability to manage your own time and travel within your geography as you excel at helping farmers be successful with practice change
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including generous paid parental leave.
- You will be building and shaping a global business from start up to scale.
- You will be working with a globally dispersed and diverse team, with the ability to live anywhere within your geography.
Location: Texas – Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Sales Director for North America, the Carbon Cropping Area Sales Manager role is responsible for guiding partner relationships in a sales region to drive grower enrolment and growth of our programs in the US. This role will segment the region to identify partners and growth opportunities, manage partnerships/relationships and own delivery against sales targets. In partnership with the wider US team, the Area Sales Manager will be a driving, ambitious force in growing our presence across the US. The ideal candidate for this role will be an energetic, commercially focused people-person who clearly possesses a natural sales ability. Candidate must be currently based in Texas.
- Manage and execute effective sales strategies to achieve company sales targets.
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline of prospective leads and opportunities.
- Help identify, onboard and manage Channel Partners to create a pipeline of farmers/ranchers who are committed to sustainable agriculture practices.
- Leverage agronomy resources to help solve challenges faced in-field.
- Develop and execute a territory management plan focused on achieving sales objectives.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients and potential partners.
- Visiting prospective clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- BS degree or higher in business, economics, engineering, agronomy, environmental science or related field
- 5-7 years of experience selling and implementing direct-to-grower facing programs and initiatives (open to profiles from agricultural inputs, agriculture technology, forestry, land conservation etc.)
- Experience effectively managing sales territories in agriculture
- Experience with a variety of cropping systems and rangeland in the US, and related ag technology/digital tools
- Experienced in deploying strategies to expand a product to new crops and geographies
- Sales DNA: Be the face of Agoro to the partner and customer – leverage relationship selling to deliver a high quality customer experience
- Grower-oriented mindset: be able to translate solution offerings into “the language of the retailer or grower”
- Self-starter with high degree of ownership, strategic thinking and drive
- Experienced in bringing commercial, pragmatic mindset to highly technical and scientific teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and partners.
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.